Classic Potato Skins. Potato Skins Who doesn't love potato skins? Potato skins are such classic game day food that they hardly need an introduction. They're inexpensive to make, hearty, and great for a crowd.
Brown and crumble sirloin or plant-based "meat". Be the first to review this recipe. For me, this is a make-ahead recipe so the taters can cook while I'm working and I can freeze the finished product so I can easily nuke or toast them for a fast meal in the future. You can cook Classic Potato Skins using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic Potato Skins
- You need 8 small of russet potatoes, scrubbed clean.
- It’s 4 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 of Salt to taste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter, melted.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of grated sharp Cheddar cheese.
- It’s 8 slice of thick-cut bacon, fried and chopped.
- You need 2 of green onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
But these are also so delicious fresh out of the oven, I can never resist. Classic Potato Skins recipe presented by Hannaford Supermarket. Nutrition facts and printable recipes available. Can Potato Skins Be Made Ahead of Time.
Classic Potato Skins step by step
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Brush the potatoes with. good coating of canola oil. Sprinkle them with salt and bake them for 35 to 45 minutes, until the ptatoes are tender and the skin is starting to crisp..
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise. Then use a spoon to cut a rim around the edge of each half and scoop out the insides..
- Raise the oven temperature to 425° F..
- Brush the skins on the inside with the melted butter, then put them back in the oven for 3 minutes. After that, use tongs to turn the skins to the other side. Brush that side with more butter and return the skins to the oven until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes..
- Remove them from the oven. Fill the skins with a small amount of grated Cheddar and place them into the oven long enough to melt the butter..
- Sprinkle on some of the bacon, some of the green onions and a dollop of sour cream..
- Serve immediately..
If I am making a recipe that needs cooked potatoes (like Loaded Mashed Potato Cakes or Twice Baked Potato Casserole) I simply bake the potatoes and scoop out the flesh. Freeze the empty shells on a baking pan and then once frozen, stack them in a freezer bag. Place potato skins on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese inside skins. Lightly brush the inside and outside of the potato skins with olive oil.