Loaded breakfast skillet. Drain on paper towels; reserve most of the bacon fat in skillet. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, fry bacon until crispy. Turn off heat and transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
It'll save you from the most brutal of hangovers. I'm here today with a big, hearty, loaded breakfast skillet recipe for you. This easy breakfast skillet is loaded with sausage, potatoes, eggs, veggies and cheese. You can have Loaded breakfast skillet using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Loaded breakfast skillet
- You need of russet potatoes, rinsed and scrubbed clean, chopped into 3/4".
- You need of bacon, cut into 1" pieces.
- Prepare of onion, chopped.
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of garlic.
- You need of green onions, sliced.
- You need of smoked paprika.
- Prepare of kosher salt.
- You need of Freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s of large eggs.
- It’s of shredded Cheddar.
You might call this a country breakfast skillet or a farmers breakfast skillet. It's loaded with ingredients that are hearty and filling. Any similar size pan will do. For this breakfast skillet I roasted the potatoes in the oven first to make this quicker, you can fry the potatoes in the skillet if you wish but it may take longer for the potatoes to cook.
Loaded breakfast skillet step by step
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, fry bacon until crispy. Turn off heat and transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Keep most of bacon fat in skillet, removing any black pieces from the bacon..
- Turn heat back to medium and add onion to the skillet; sauté, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to soften. Add potatoes and toss until evenly coated in bacon fat. Pour in water and cover skillet with a large lid. (This helps speed up the cooking and prevent burning.) Cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes, checking potatoes occasionally. If they start to brown too quickly, remove the lid and add more water..
- When the potatoes are tender, remove lid and stir in garlic, green onions, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Using a wooden spoon, make four holes in the potatoes to reveal bottom of skillet. Crack an egg into each hole and season each egg with salt and pepper. Sprinkle cheese and cooked bacon bits over the entire skillet. Replace lid and cook until eggs are cooked to your liking, about 5 minutes for a just runny egg. Serve warm..
Hey all, Guess Chef needed another week to rest up. However we are back and have a great breakfast for you all. We know we already made a breakfast skillet. This is a bit different but we think. This Easy Loaded Breakfast Skillet is a huge hit with the family, and doesn't take me much time at all in the morning – that's a win in my book!